This blog would explain the different types of roofing warranties available and provide tips
on how to evaluate a warranty before signing a roofing contract. It would cover
important factors to consider, such as the length of the warranty, what is and
isn't covered, and the terms and conditions of the agreement
When you hire a roofing contractor, it's essential to understand the warranty that comes
with the roofing project. Here are some factors to consider when evaluating a roofing
1. Length of warranty: Look for a warranty with a sufficient length to cover any
defects or issues that may arise in the future.
2. Coverage: Ensure that the warranty covers all aspects of the roofing project,
including materials and workmanship.
3. Exclusions: Be aware of any exclusions in the warranty, such as damage caused
by extreme weather events or improper maintenance.
4. Transferability: Check if the warranty is transferable to a new homeowner if you
decide to sell your home in the future.
5. Terms and conditions: Understand the terms and conditions of the warranty,
including any requirements for regular maintenance and inspections.
6. Contractor reputation: Choose a contractor with a good reputation for honoring
warranties and providing excellent after-sales support.
By considering these factors, you can evaluate the warranty and make an informed
decision before signing a roofing contract.